As a leader in bike sharing and urban mobility solutions, our mission at PBSC (short for Public Bike System Company) is to change the world, one city at a time. Yes, we’re talking about Montréal (and its famous BIXI bikes). But also, Barcelona, London, Buenos Aires, Honolulu, Rio de Janeiro, Monaco and Melbourne to name a few others.
Looking for great reasons to get out of bed every morning? Read on. Because being recognized as a catalyst for social innovation and knowing that what we do contributes to making the world a better, smarter and greener place sure have that effect. Even more so than fresh coffee, happy hours, pool table, running club and all the other perks you would expect in tech companies nowadays (that we happen to offer by the way).
If you’re more of a number person, here are a few figures that should be of interest (but do not hold any of those against us as growth mode is the way we roll):
- Team of 100
- 2 locations (head office in Longueuil and satellite office in Montréal)
- 140 patents and design patents
- 84,000 bikes deployed
- 32 smart cities
- 340 million rides
Of course, we’re looking for people that are the best at what they do. But what’s as important (if not more) is that you share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate and imaginative, ready to bring your A-game to work and looking to create value and make a difference in an environment where “we” is more important than “I”, then you’re in for a great ride.
We’re ready to train you in React Native, but you should have prior iOS/Android development experience and be someone that can solve challenges autonomously.
The React Native Mobile Developer will work in a dynamic team of engineers interacting with UX/UI, QA and product owners. The engineering department uses an Agile, sprint-driven methodology.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
Interested in applying? You should have the following:
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience or in a similar role;
- Knowledge of React Native or willingness to learn it;
- Good knowledge of iOS or Android development and willingness to learn both;
- Knowledge of Java and native Android development a plus;
- Superior capacity at integrating with complex environments;
- Passionate about software development in a full-stack environment;
- Knowledge of automated build pipelines and Git;
- Strong debugging skills;
- Capacity to estimate tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Attention to quality and details;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French, other languages are a plus;
- Capacity to work autonomously;
- Ability to articulate ideas.
- Work can occur from either the Montreal or the Longueuil offices of PBSC but the Web and Mobile team is based in Longueuil. If working in the Montreal office, occasional travel to the Longueuil office is required for synchronization with the team.