TEAM LEAD, INFRASTRUCTURE & OPERATIONS
GET TO KNOW PBSC
PBSC Urban Solutions is the world leader in bike-share and urban mobility solutions (do you know Montreal’s BIXI? That’s our first system!). Through our technology, we’re changing the world, one city at a time. Our bike-share systems provide a sustainable answer to some of the most pressing issues facing our cities today, such as congestion, pollution and citizen health.
We are global; you can find our systems in places like Barcelona, Dubai, London, Monaco, Rio de Janeiro, Honolulu and Toronto — to name a few. In total, we have 84,000 bikes deployed around the world, with 350 million rides and counting!
We’re in growth mode and looking for team members who are at the top of their game, but who equally, if not more importantly, share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate, imaginative, ready to give it your all, and want to join an enterprise that delivers tangible results (all you have to do is visit one of our cities to witness our impact), then you’ve landed in the right place!
We are looking for a team lead, infrastructure & operations to work alongside our Director, Product Management in delivering top-notch experiences to our global clientele. You’ll do this by ensuring our infrastructure and customer service teams are operating in sync and at the top of their game. You’ll manage and instill processes, as well as mentor team members while supporting an environment that encourages collaboration and communication. This is a multidisciplinary role where you’ll also work with our development, QA and project management teams.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Manage your team’s human resources including, performance reviews, hiring and coaching;
- Help your team achieve its performance objectives by properly communicating expectations and encouraging individual skills development;
- Stay on top of, and put in place, best business practices as they concern infrastructure and customer service to ensure the continued development of our technological environment and user’s satisfaction;
- Put in place performance indicators to track your team’s work and evaluate the results;
- Together with the engineering team, design and implement an incident response system and action plan, which provides for escalation, 24/7 support, follow-ups and post-incident reports;
- Work together with internal stakeholders to ensure the needs and requests of external clients are adequately met;
- Create detailed timetables for software delivery together with the Release Manager;
- Establish clear communication flows with customers before, during and after software updates;
- Ensure client satisfaction by establishing a clear communication flow that begins when request is received and continues through to after update launch;
- Ensure that our customer service standards are respected (SLA standards) by developing the tools for timely follow-ups and evaluating staffing requirements;
- Develop, introduce and implement internal customer service standards;
- Participate in needs analysis, expenditure monitoring, gap analysis and propose corrective action;
- Help prepare the annual budget;
- Help define and update strategic, as well as, operational plans;
- Use your expertise to make technical recommendations to team members, DevOps and management in order to optimize existing tools, improve working methods and reduce costs;
- Communicate policies and/or questions during departmental meetings;
- Any other tasks related to your field as the business evolves or new opportunities arise.
- At least 10 years’ experience in a position related to network management, infrastructure and user support within a global, 24/7 context;
- Five years’ experience in a team management or co-ordination role;
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology;
- Familiar with Excel, Linux, MySQL, Elastic Search and Bash;
- Strong leadership and communication skills;
- Able to establish and maintain good business relationships while working in close collaboration with various stakeholders;
- Solid experience in the management and delivery of projects;
- Organized and able to optimize methodologies;
- Live by the maxim: the more complex the problem, the more fun it is;
- A client-first attitude, whether internal or external;
- Be a team player who believes that success comes from working together;
- Excellent English oral and written skills; good working knowledge of French;
- In the event of a team member’s absence, be available to work on-call, including evenings and weekends.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A company on a human scale that allows you to stand out;
- Benefits: complete insurance, various training opportunities, virtual healthcare, wellness account, discounted BIXI membership, access to our private bike-share network at the Longueuil metro station and on-site tire change service for your car;
- Office perks: coffee and hot chocolate (obviously), fresh fruits, weekly happy hour, Tuesday community lunches, running club, showers, social activities, gifts and draws, recreational zones with gaming consoles as well as pool and foosball tables.