GET TO KNOW PBSC
PBSC Urban Solutions is the world leader in bike-share and urban mobility solutions (do you know Montreal’s BIXI? That’s our system!). Through our technology, we’re changing the world, one city at a time. Our bike-share systems provide a sustainable answer to some of the most pressing issues facing our cities today, such as congestion, pollution and citizen health.
We are global; you can find our systems in places such as Barcelona, Dubai, London, Monaco, Rio de Janeiro, Honolulu, Toronto, and Montreal – to name a few. In total, we have 84,000 bikes deployed around the world, with 350 million rides and counting!
We’re in growth mode and looking for team members who are at the top of their game, but who equally, if not more importantly, share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate, imaginative, ready to give it your all, and want to join an enterprise that delivers tangible results (all you have to do is visit one of our cities to witness our impact), then you’ve landed in the right place!
As a Mobile Developer, you will work within a multidisciplinary, Agile and sprint-driven engineering team to work mainly with React Native and Java for the development of our mobile applications (iOS/Android) and native libraries (iOS/Android). In your role, you will interact with our dynamic UX/UI, QA and project management teams.
If you don’t have any experience in React Native development, don’t worry. We are ready to train you, but you should have prior iOS/Android development experience and be someone that can solve challenges autonomously.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Bachelor’s degree in software or computer engineering, or equivalent experience;
- Knowledge of React Native or willingness to learn it;
- Good knowledge of iOS or Android development and willingness to learn both;
- Superior capacity at integrating with complex environments;
- Passionate about software development in a full-stack environment;
- Knowledge of automated build pipelines and Git;
- Concern for the quality of the code, which must be efficient, reliable and easy to maintain;
- Ability to make informed and immediate decisions with minimal long-term impact;
- The more complex the problem, the more fun you have;
- Strategic approach to problem-solving, with the goal of correcting at the source;
- Capacity to evaluate tasks and meet tight deadlines;
- Demonstrate a collaborative and innovative spirit;
- A client-first attitude, whether internal or external;
- Be a team player who believes that success comes from working together;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
- Knowledge of Java and native Android development a plus.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A company on a human scale that allows you to stand out;
- Benefits: complete insurance, various training opportunities, wellness account, discounted BIXI membership, access to our private bike-share network at the Longueuil metro station and on-site tire change service for your car;
- Office perks: coffee and hot chocolate (obviously), fresh fruits, pool and foosball tables, weekly happy hour, Tuesday’s soup, running club, showers, relaxation zones with game console, social activities, gifts and draws;
- Our main office is in Longueuil, but you can also work from our Montreal satellite office in the Mile-End.