WHO WE ARE
Through sustainable technology solutions for smart cities, PBSC is changing the world, one city at a time. As a leading global provider of bike sharing solutions and urban mobility pioneer, PBSC’s team develops, markets and operates – directly through its subsidiary operator, or indirectly through a global network of local partners – the most advanced and customizable urban solutions for smart cities. Recognized as a catalyst for social innovation, PBSC currently has four models of bicycles – ICONIC, FIT, BOOST and E-FIT– deployed around the world and continues to expand its global footprint of over 75,000 bikes and 6,350 stations – with more than 250 million rides so far!!
PBSC develops full stack products including mechanical, electrical and computer engineering components. Whether you want to tackle circuit design, power electronics, embedded firmware development, Java development on Amazon infrastructure, Node.js, Android, iOS or web applications, PBSC has a spot for you in a rich learning environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We would like to thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be selected for our screening process.
BUYER, ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS
Under the direction of the Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Manager, the incumbent ensures the smooth running and monitoring of purchases for the entire company. He/She is always looking for ways to reduce costs while meeting deadlines and quality standards. He/She works with the sales, engineering and production departments to set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Negotiate prices and terms of delivery;
- Organize and oversee purchasing activities by initiating bid solicitations;
- Verify vendor submissions;
- Place equipment orders and follow up with suppliers;
- Keep the register of tenders received, price lists and orders in progress;
- Research and find original and alternative approaches to delivery problems;
- If necessary, make visits to suppliers during the production of parts.
- Search for new suppliers
- Work closely with the team on orders, scheduled deliveries and parts return;
- Work closely with accounting by providing the information needed to pay invoices;
- Track complaints and nonconformity;
- Oversee the analysis and replacement of obsolete products;
- Maintain business relationships with suppliers;
- Perform any other related duties related to these responsibilities.
- DEC in Administration or Supply;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing company with purchasing of electrical and electronic components;
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Genius system is a plus);
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to various situations;
- Sense of analysis, organization and planning;
- Demonstrate initiative, discipline and meticulousness;
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects at once;
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite.