BUYER, ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS
Under the direction of the Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Manager, the incumbent ensures the smooth running and monitoring of purchases for the entire company. He/She is always looking for ways to reduce costs while meeting deadlines and quality standards. He/She works with the sales, engineering and production departments to set priorities in order to meet deadlines.
- Negotiate prices and terms of delivery;
- Organize and oversee purchasing activities by initiating bid solicitations;
- Verify vendor submissions;
- Place equipment orders and follow up with suppliers;
- Keep the register of tenders received, price lists and orders in progress;
- Research and find original and alternative approaches to delivery problems;
- If necessary, make visits to suppliers during the production of parts.
- Search for new suppliers
- Work closely with the team on orders, scheduled deliveries and parts return;
- Work closely with accounting by providing the information needed to pay invoices;
- Track complaints and nonconformity;
- Oversee the analysis and replacement of obsolete products;
- Maintain business relationships with suppliers;
- Perform any other related duties related to these responsibilities.
- DEC in Administration or Supply;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing company with purchasing of electrical and electronic components;
- Knowledge of ERP systems (Genius system is a plus);
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to various situations;
- Sense of analysis, organization and planning;
- Demonstrate initiative, discipline and meticulousness;
- Ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects at once;
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite.