TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
TECHNICAL CUSTOMER SUPPORT
As a leader in bike sharing and urban mobility solutions, our mission at PBSC (short for Public Bike System Company) is to change the world, one city at a time. Yes, we’re talking about Montréal (and its famous BIXI bikes). But also Barcelona, London, Buenos Aires, Honolulu, Rio de Janeiro, Monaco and Melbourne to name a few others.
Looking for great reasons to get out of bed every morning? Read on. Because being recognized as a catalyst for social innovation and knowing that what we do contributes to making the world a better, smarter and greener place sure have that effect. Even more so than fresh coffee, happy hours, pool table, running club and all the other perks you would expect in tech companies nowadays (that we happen to offer by the way).
If you’re more of a number person, here are a few figures that should be of interest (but do not hold any of those against us as growth mode is the way we roll):
- Team of 100
- 2 locations (head office in Longueuil and satellite office in Montréal)
- 140 patents and design patents
- 80,000 bikes deployed
- 32 smart cities
- 300 million rides
Of course, we’re looking for people that are the best at what they do. But what’s as important (if not more) is that you share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate and imaginative, ready to bring your A-game to work and looking to create value and make a difference in an environment where “we” is more important than “I”, then you’re in for a great ride.
PBSC is currently looking for a Technical Customer Support to join our team. Reporting to the Operations Lead, the Technical Customer Support Specialist acts as PBSC’s ambassador. The primary responsibility is to provide support and exceptional customer experience to our internal and external customers as per our service level agreements.
As the Technical Customer Support, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Working in our contact center, handle all customer inquiries (email) about our product and technical environments with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism;
- Provide exceptional first level technical and general support and ensure each client receives excellent customer care;
- On reception of a problem report or enquiry, qualify it, categorize it in the proper SLA category, document as much context and information as possible, resolve it or escalate it within the support team.
- Arrange web meetings with customers if required to fully understand their problem;
- Remotely support our on-street deployment technicians and customers during system launches;
- Ensure to follow established policies and procedures;
- Guide customers through product configuration;
- Guide customers to the proper product documentation;
- Keep track of recurring issues and escalate them to your lead;
- Ensure all operating procedures are thoroughly followed and logged accordingly;
- Work within team context to assist other agents as required.
- Lay the foundations of PBSC’s HR department, set its direction and continue the deployment of this function crucial to PBSC’s growth.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
Interested in applying? You should have the following:
- DEC, ACS (Accreditation, Customer Service) an asset;
- Diploma in communication an asset;
- Training in any of these areas is an asset: customer service, cloud services, Linux command line, technical writing;
- 3 to 5 years technical customer support in a contact center environment;
- Perfectly Bilingual (French and English) written and spoken;
- Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new platforms and tools;
- Highly customer service oriented, enjoy handling and resolving situations;
- Detail-oriented, organized and able to multi-task;
- Ability to explain a situation and to give advice. Approach centered on empathy is required and the ability to summarize and vulgarize information;
- Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently;
- Team player who enjoys working with and helping others;
- Methodological skills, strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities;
- Positive energy, outlook and “can-do” attitude;
- Creative and proactive attitude;
- Self-motivation to achieve consistently high-quality results