SENIOR SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR
As a leader in bike sharing and urban mobility solutions, our mission at PBSC (short for Public Bike System Company) is to change the world, one city at a time. Yes, we’re talking about Montréal (and its famous BIXI bikes). But also, Barcelona, London, Buenos Aires, Honolulu, Rio de Janeiro, Monaco and Melbourne to name a few others.
Looking for great reasons to get out of bed every morning? Read on. Because being recognized as a catalyst for social innovation and knowing that what we do contributes to making the world a better, smarter and greener place sure have that effect. Even more so than fresh coffee, happy hours, pool table, running club and all the other perks you would expect in tech companies nowadays (that we happen to offer by the way).
If you’re more of a number person, here are a few figures that should be of interest (but do not hold any of those against us as growth mode is the way we roll):
- Team of 100
- 2 locations (head office in Longueuil and satellite office in Montréal)
- 140 patents and design patents
- 84,000 bikes deployed
- 32 smart cities
- 340 million rides
Of course, we’re looking for people that are the best at what they do. But what’s as important (if not more) is that you share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate and imaginative, ready to bring your A-game to work and looking to create value and make a difference in an environment where “we” is more important than “I”, then you’re in for a great ride.
PBSC is currently looking for a Senior System Administrator to join our team. Reporting to the Operations Lead, the Senior System Administrator acts as PBSC’s ambassador. The primary responsibility is to provide support and exceptional stability to our internal and external clients as per our service level agreements.
As the Senior System Administrator, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Ability to investigate and debug complex system operation problems spanning multiple components;
- Act as a resource person for Level-2 support and issues affecting operations;
- Maintain documentation regarding configurations, operations and troubleshooting procedures related to the Cloud platforms (AWS);
- Maintain the integrity of the network, server deployment, and security;
- Monitor system events to ensure health, maximum system availability and service quality;
- Perform system & application patching and upgrade of equipment firmware;
- Prepare status reports and executive summaries on the PCI Compliance Program. Monitors corrective actions and process improvement plans;
- Provide custom reports to departments using SQL queries in production databases;
- Investigate, analyze and resolve incidents related to production environments, including post-mortem follow-up and root cause analysis;
- Assist and support developers in deployment of environments and their components;
- Analyze event log files and perform corrections to different alerts found;
- Provide technical supervision to your colleagues so that they use existing tools effectively and provide them with an optimal work method;
- Document and keep current all operations documents;
- Improve and/or implement new standards and new processes and ensure that they are applied.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
Interested in applying? You should have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar position.
- Knowledge of AWS, Cloudwatch, willingness to learn Chef and Terraform
- Willingness to learn Elastic Search queries
- Strong English written and spoken; French spoken an asset
- Ability to communicate and collaborate efficiently;
- Team player who enjoys working with and helping others;
- Methodological skills, strong problem-solving and troubleshooting abilities;
- Positive energy, outlook and “can-do” attitude;
- Creative and proactive attitude;
- Self-motivation to achieve consistently high-quality results.