WHO WE ARE
Through sustainable technology solutions for smart cities, PBSC is changing the world, one city at a time. As a leading global provider of bike sharing solutions and urban mobility pioneer, PBSC’s team develops, markets and operates – directly through its subsidiary operator, or indirectly through a global network of local partners – the most advanced and customizable urban solutions for smart cities. Recognized as a catalyst for social innovation, PBSC currently has three models of bicycles – ICONIC, FIT and BOOST (e-bike) – deployed around the world and continues to expand its global footprint of 65,250 bikes and 5,750 stations – with more than 240 million rides so far!!
PBSC develops full stack products including mechanical, electrical and computer engineering components. Whether you want to tackle circuit design, power electronics, embedded firmware development, Java development on Amazon infrastructure, Node.js, Android, iOS or web applications, PBSC has a spot for you in a rich learning environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We would like to thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be selected for our screening process.
Under the direction of the Strategic Sourcing & Purchasing Manager, the senior buyer searches for new suppliers throughout the world for PBSC and manages the company’s most important accounts by closely collaborating with the director of operations. He/she is continuously on the lookout for ways to reduce costs while maintaining deadlines and quality standards as well as ensuring a strategy watch over all risk components. He/she works jointly with the sales, engineering and production departments in setting the priorities needed to meet company deadlines.
- Continually search for new suppliers throughout the world relating to PBSC markets;
- Manage main suppliers;
- Negotiate prices and terms of delivery;
- Work in collaboration with the mechanical engineering department when developing new products;
- Work in close collaboration with the team responsible for orders, scheduled deliveries and part returns;
- Research and find original and alternative approaches for delivery problems;
- Proceed with supplier visits during parts production;
- Track complaints and nonconformity;
- Perform any other duties related to these responsibilities.
- Bachelor degree in Administration or Supply Chain Management;
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a manufacturing company with purchasing of mechanical components;
- Basic knowledge of mechanical engineering (reading assembling documents, STEP files, …);
- Knowledge of ERP systems;
- Bilingualism (French and English) is essential; Spanish, an asset.
- Ability to work under pressure and adapt quickly to various situations;
- analytical, organizational and planning skills;
- Demonstrated initiative, discipline and accuracy;
- Ability to simultaneously and effectively manage and prioritize multiple projects;
- Knowledge of the MS Office Suite;
- Availability for travelling outside the country.