As a leader in bike sharing and urban mobility solutions, our mission at PBSC (short for Public Bike System Company) is to change the world, one city at a time. Yes, we’re talking about Montréal (and its famous BIXI bikes). But also, Barcelona, London, Buenos Aires, Honolulu, Rio de Janeiro, Monaco and Melbourne to name a few others.
Looking for great reasons to get out of bed every morning? Read on. Because being recognized as a catalyst for social innovation and knowing that what we do contributes to making the world a better, smarter and greener place sure have that effect. Even more so than fresh coffee, happy hours, pool table, running club and all the other perks you would expect in tech companies nowadays (that we happen to offer by the way).
If you’re more of a number person, here are a few figures that should be of interest (but do not hold any of those against us as growth mode is the way we roll):
- Team of 100
- 2 locations (head office in Longueuil and satellite office in Montréal)
- 140 patents and design patents
- 80,000 bikes deployed
- 32 smart cities
- 300 million rides
Of course, we’re looking for people that are the best at what they do. But what’s as important (if not more) is that you share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate and imaginative, ready to bring your A-game to work and looking to create value and make a difference in an environment where “we” is more important than “I”, then you’re in for a great ride.
PBSC is currently looking for a Director of HR & Talent to join our team and help attract, retain and develop high-performing team members, and build the PBSC brand into an employer of choice. Possibility of flexible work schedule.
As HR director, you oversee the operation of all HR functions. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Lay the foundations of PBSC’s HR department, set its direction and continue the deployment of this function crucial to PBSC’s growth;
- Design and implement strategies and programs to attract and mobilize passionate employees;
- Manage hiring;
- Plan, develop and execute HR processes, programs, policies and tools pertaining to employee life cycle, perks, work conditions, corporate events;
- Manage the employee life cycle from A to Z, including onboarding, performance, management, compensation, training and talent development;
- Be present for employees and act as a transmission belt between staff and the managers in their communication;
- Advise managers on initiatives to strengthen organizational capacity and optimize employee performance and well-being;
- Scale PBSC’s culture and maintain a high-engagement environment through tracking of employee satisfaction and implementing wellness initiatives;
- Implement and communicate HR metrics through dashboards & monitoring of established metrics;
- Managing employee relations, retention, and day-to-day operations;
- Manage administrative aspects of HR department.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
Interested in applying? You should have the following:
- University diploma in HR or related field;
- 5-7+ years of experience in HR, in a senior manager, or director role;
- Exceptional track record of performance and success in fast-growing environments;
- Experience in developing innovative policies;
- Enthusiastic about contributing and building an HR function;
- Ability to supervise team members in a mid to long term perspective;
- Passion for technology;
- Outstanding communication skills;
- Great listening skills;
- Great priority management;
- Perfectly bilingual (English & French).
- Member of the CHRP;
- Passion for micromobility.