SENIOR JAVA DEVELOPER
As a leader in bike sharing and urban mobility solutions, our mission at PBSC (short for Public Bike System Company) is to change the world, one city at a time. Yes, we’re talking about Montréal (and its famous BIXI bikes). But also Barcelona, London, Buenos Aires, Honolulu, Rio de Janeiro, Monaco and Melbourne to name a few others.
Looking for great reasons to get out of bed every morning? Read on. Because being recognized as a catalyst for social innovation and knowing that what we do contributes to making the world a better, smarter and greener place sure have that effect. Even more so than fresh coffee, happy hours, pool table, running club and all the other perks you would expect in tech companies nowadays (that we happen to offer by the way).
If you’re more of a number person, here are a few figures that should be of interest (but do not hold any of those against us as growth mode is the way we roll):
- Team of 100
- 2 locations (head office in Longueuil and satellite office in Montréal)
- 140 patents and design patents
- 84,000 bikes deployed
- 33 smart cities
- 350 million rides
Of course, we’re looking for people that are the best at what they do. But what’s as important (if not more) is that you share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate and imaginative, ready to bring your A-game to work and looking to create value and make a difference in an environment where “we” is more important than “I”, then you’re in for a great ride.
The Java Developer will take part in the development of a complex Java backend using Hibernate, Spring, MySQL and Elastic Search. This application provides a great variety of APIs feeding mobile applications, Angular.js dashboards, bike kiosk systems and interoperability systems. The Java Developer will work in a dynamic team of engineers interacting with UX/UI, QA and project management departments. The engineering department uses an Agile, sprint-driven methodology.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLE
- Interested in applying? You should have the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience or in a similar role;
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, Computer Science (Masters, a plus) or equivalent experience;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of Java 8+, Spring, Hibernate and MySQL;
- Knowledge of Elastic Search and Queuing services;
- Ability to produce efficient, reliable, and easy-to-maintain code;
- Good knowledge of infrastructure components;
- Experience with development of distributed systems / microservices;
- Experience with Linux environments;
- Knowledge of testing frameworks, component and unit testing;
- Knowledge of AWS services;
- Ability to architect software solutions;
- Experience working with Jenkins / Artifactory;
- Experience with Git and branching strategies;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Ability to articulate ideas
- Work can occur from either the Montreal or the Longueuil offices of PBSC. If working in the Montreal office, occasional travel to the Longueuil office is required for synchronization with the team.