WHO WE ARE
Through sustainable technology solutions for smart cities, PBSC is changing the world, one city at a time. As a leading global provider of bike sharing solutions and urban mobility pioneer, PBSC’s team develops, markets and operates – directly through its subsidiary operator, or indirectly through a global network of local partners – the most advanced and customizable urban solutions for smart cities. Recognized as a catalyst for social innovation, PBSC currently has three models of bicycles – ICONIC, FIT and BOOST (e-bike) – deployed around the world and continues to expand its global footprint of 65,250 bikes and 5,750 stations – with more than 240 million rides so far!!
PBSC develops full stack products including mechanical, electrical and computer engineering components. Whether you want to tackle circuit design, power electronics, embedded firmware development, Java development on Amazon infrastructure, Node.js, Android, iOS or web applications, PBSC has a spot for you in a rich learning environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We would like to thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be selected for our screening process.
Electrical Engineer – Product Development and Support
Reporting to the lead microelectronics engineer, you will join a team of experienced electrical engineers and software developers to take part in product development and support.
- Support and improve existing products, improve reliability through the definition of hardware and firmware test plans, development of test jigs and definition of test procedures.
- Participate at all levels of product development, from PCB design to firmware definition, validation and final assembly support in production.
- Play a central role in the elaboration of a Python framework to test various hardware assemblies in our plant.
- Support our production staff and visit suppliers to debug and improve assembly processes and testing procedures.
Experience and knowledge
- University degree(s) in electrical engineering, computer engineering or the equivalent
- 5 + years of experience in integrated electronics development for entire project lifecycles, up to production support.
- Excellent knowledge of Python.
- Knowledge of power electronics, digital electronics, micro controllers, firmware.
- Ability to develop a test plan based on an existing design for validation or manufacturing purposes.
- Ability to design and build test jigs for validation or manufacturing purposes.
- Ability to develop and support medium complexity PCB.
- Bilingual, oral and written in English and French; other languages are an asset.
- Experience with GIT.
- Experience in C firmware development and related technologies, an asset.
- Experience in Linux/Unix environments and BASH scripting, an asset.
- Great interest in technology;
- Client service and action oriented;
- Ability to set and manage priorities;
- Skill at meeting deadlines and multitasking in a fast-paced, diverse and collaborative environment;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- Attention to quality and to details;
- Self-motivated and self-directed;
- Strong interpersonal and motivational skills;
- Diligence, honesty and professional integrity.