WHO WE ARE
Through sustainable technology solutions for smart cities, PBSC is changing the world, one city at a time. As a leading global provider of bike sharing solutions and urban mobility pioneer, PBSC’s team develops, markets and operates – directly through its subsidiary operator, or indirectly through a global network of local partners – the most advanced and customizable urban solutions for smart cities. Recognized as a catalyst for social innovation, PBSC currently has three models of bicycles – ICONIC, FIT and BOOST (e-bike) – deployed around the world and continues to expand its global footprint of 65,250 bikes and 5,750 stations – with more than 240 million rides so far!!
PBSC develops full stack products including mechanical, electrical and computer engineering components. Whether you want to tackle circuit design, power electronics, embedded firmware development, Java development on Amazon infrastructure, Node.js, Android, iOS or web applications, PBSC has a spot for you in a rich learning environment.
We offer a competitive salary and a dynamic work environment. We would like to thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates will be selected for our screening process.
Consumer Solutions Product Owner
Reporting to the head of software product innovation the Consumer Solutions Product Owner will be responsible for:
- Successfully manage the roadmap, vision and objectives of all our customer-facing products such as websites, mobiles apps, on-street furniture, tablet-based tools and public APIs to drive these interfaces.
- Define detailed user stories, use cases, constraints and testing procedure for all backlog items related to the different products, and drive the single self-organizing, self-sufficient development team responsible for those products, sharing your experience and technical knowledge.
- Gather customer feedback and transform into actionable backlog items
- Manage, prioritize and gate client and operator requests related to our mobile and web products in coordination with our Customer Request/Sales Support Manager to establish short term releases vs a longer-term roadmap.
- Work closely with the Release Manager to plan, validate and release new versions of our products to internal teams, and to clients and operators in staging and production.
- Work with UX and design firm, in addition to internal talents and clients, to improve user experience and usability of our product, as well as working with third party web or app providers on how best to integrate our eco-system in their new or existing products in terms of technical integration and user experience.
- Work closely with other POs to synchronize roadmaps and long-term vision, identifying and managing direct dependencies with the Release Manager.
- Clearly document product releases for customers and internal teams.
Experience and knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field and 3-5 years of experience or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of mobile and web products and technologies
- Excellent knowledge of RESTful API-based integration on web and mobile
- Good knowledge of SDLC and agile
- Good experience in native iOS and Android mobile development and pipelines
- Previous experience in using React Native as a mobile framework for multi-platform releases and development a plus
- Previous experience with Node.js a plus
- Previous experience in working with on-street furniture and hardware a plus
- Previous development experience in mobile and/or web development a plus
- Excellent oral and written English (French, Spanish or Portuguese a plus
- Capacity to work autonomously and to estimate tasks with teams
- Ability to articulate ideas clearly and document clear requirements
- Attention to quality and details
- Experienced in handling customers and stakeholders directly