CHIEF TECHNOLOGY OFFICER
GET TO KNOW PBSC
PBSC Urban Solutions is the world leader in bike-share and urban mobility solutions (do you know Montreal’s BIXI? That’s our system!). Through our technology, we’re changing the world, one city at a time. Our bike-share systems are transforming urban mobility with a sustainable answer to some of the most pressing issues facing our cities today, such as congestion, pollution and citizen health.
We are global; our systems have been deployed in places such as Barcelona, Dubai, London, Monaco, Rio de Janeiro, Honolulu, Toronto, and Montreal — just to name a few.
We’re in growth mode and looking for team members who are at the top of their game, but who equally, if not more importantly, share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate, imaginative, ready to give it your all, and want to join an enterprise that delivers tangible results (all you have to do is visit one of our cities to witness our impact), then you’ve landed in the right place!
As the CTO, you play a crucial role in outlining PBSC’s technological vision and implementing its technology strategies. You are committed to the advancement and future growth of the organization through evolving its SaaS platform, as well as the software integrated in its bike and station technology.
Reporting to the COO, you will work closely with the Head of Engineering and Production; this trio forms PBSC’s Operations Executive Committee. You will also regularly interact with the CEO and other members of the Executive Team.
Your intellectual cutting-edge mindset, dedication to everything you do, work ethic and belief in a collaborative approach are critical to the company’s success. Because our systems are operating all over the world and supported by a 24/7 customer service team, you must be highly available.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Work closely with the Executive Team to define and realize PBSC’s strategic vision;
- Be on top of existing and future technologies and their impact on PBSC in order to define the company’s technology roadmap and ensure it remains the global leader in its space;
- Lead by example and serve as a positive influence to your directors and their teams;
- Support decisions and recommendations that encourage team growth, improve client experience, create competitive advantages and maximise return on investment through research and analysis;
- Establish, track and meet the technology and software engineering budgets;
- Instill strong practices and processes, tracked with key performance indicators (“KPIs”), to promote employee effectiveness and ensure goals are achieved within planned timeframes and allocated budgets;
- Contribute to the development of a solid company culture and of your team members, in order to take PBSC to the next level;
- As PBSC’s technology expert, act as an ambassador for the company: liaise with partners and clients, represent the company at conferences and tradeshows and collaborate on documents, including RFPs, articles, and technical materials.
- More than 15 years of software development experience, with more than 10 years in a senior leadership role;
- Bachelor’s degree in software or computer engineering. MBA is a plus;
- Strong understanding of complex product architectures that combine hardware and software;
- Experience developing products destined for the consumers, particularly in the public domain;
- Experience designing and developing hardware with embedded SaaS software;
- Experience designing and developing web services and mobile applications;
- Experience deploying complex applications that interact with multiple sub-systems;
- Experience supporting round-the-clock, high reliability, real-time applications;
- Proven leadership focussed on collaboration and empowering employees, with an ability to lead, motivate and develop highly technical and talented engineering teams;
- Ability to recognize your limits and identify experts who can fill the gaps;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Solid understanding of data analysis, budgeting and business operations;
- Possess the hands-on technical skills necessary to establish credibility with internal teams and senior leadership, as well as with external partners;
- Ability to communicate (oral and written) in both English and French. Spanish is a plus.