BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
GET TO KNOW PBSC
PBSC Urban Solutions is the world leader in bike-share and urban mobility solutions. Through our technology, we’re changing the world, one city at a time. Our bike-share systems provide a sustainable answer to some of the most pressing issues facing our cities today, such as congestion, pollution and citizen health.
We are global; you can find our systems in places such as Barcelona, Dubai, London, Monaco, Rio de Janeiro, Honolulu, Toronto, and Montreal – to name a few. In total, we have 84,000 bikes deployed around the world, with 350 million rides and counting!
We’re in growth mode and looking for team members who are at the top of their game, but who equally, if not more importantly, share our values and mindset. If you’re passionate, imaginative, ready to give it your all, and want to join an enterprise that delivers tangible results (all you have to do is visit one of our cities to witness our impact), then you’ve landed in the right place!
As a BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, you will be responsible to develop and maintain close business ties with key players (cities, operators and third parties) and working with a multidisciplinary team in order to deliver products and services to our clients. The incumbent will participate in the development of projects, preparation of strategic and development plans for new and existing clients.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Fully support accounts in the designated territories;
- Ensure the growth of the company’s sales, by reaching or even exceeding the objectives;
- Develop new markets and maintain good relationships with existing clients;
- Participate in the writing of bidding process;
- Take a part in the negotiation of contracts with future clients;
- Ensure the profitability of the accounts according to the budgets;
- Work with diverse departments to ensure all commitments linked to the contract are met (deliverables, compliance with schedule, quality) and to achieve the delivery objectives;
- Meet the deadlines according to what was established;
- Bring support and help to the team regarding the projects, costs, or any other concerns with the client;
- Be the contact person for any commercial communications with our clients;
- Document the different developments in the appropriate systems;
- Any other tasks related or relevant to the activities of this sector, depending;
- on the evolution of the business and/or the emergence of new opportunities.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in Business Development or similar position;
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing or sales, or equivalent experience;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and MS Project;
- Knowledge and good understanding of operations;
- Facilitate the establishment of trusting and lasting relationships;
- Excellent ability in interpersonal relations and communications at the internal and external level;
- Demonstrate autonomy, quick-witted and an initiative-driven to seize opportunities and respond effectively to the needs of your prospects and clients;
- Ability to make informed and immediate decisions with minimal long-term impact;
- A client-first attitude, whether internal or external;
- Be a team player who believes that success comes from working together;
- Able and willing to travel in an international context (valid passport);
- Excellent oral and written skills in English and French;
- Third language, oral and written is an asset (with Spanish preferred);
- Sales experience with government institutions is an asset;
- Experience or knowledge of the micro mobility industry is an asset.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A company on a human scale that allows you to stand out;
- Benefits: complete insurance, various training opportunities, wellness account, discounted BIXI membership, access to our private bike-share network at the Longueuil metro station and on-site tire change service for your car;
- Office perks: coffee and hot chocolate (obviously), fresh fruits, pool and foosball tables, weekly happy hour, Tuesday’s soup, running club, showers, relaxation zones with game console, social activities, gifts and draws;
- If the successful candidate is based in Europe, it will be possible to work from there.